· · We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly our children, young people and vulnerable adults.
· · We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church community.
· · We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment and support of those working with children, whether paid or volunteer.
· · The PCC and all volunteers identified as needing training will complete and implement all the Diocesan training on Safeguarding as provided
· · We wish to support parents and carers who have responsibility for bringing up children.
· · We accept and endorse the principles of the Children Act 1989 and the House of Bishops’ Policy Statement Protecting All God’s Children (2004) and the Diocese of Oxford’s Safeguarding Handbook (March 2012).
· · We accept and endorse the Archbishops’ Council policy statement Promoting a Safe Church (2006)
· · We commit ourselves to maintain records of attendance at St Peter’s events for children and vulnerable adults, in accordance with best practice as recommended by the Archbishops’ Council, to be kept in a secure place within the Church building.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy on Safeguarding at its meeting held on 20th September 2018
We have appointed Alison Driscoll as our Children’s Advocate, as described in the Diocesan Safeguarding Handbook .
Copies of the Diocesan Safeguarding Handbook, Promoting a Safe Church and the House of Bishops Child Protection Policy are held by the Priest in Charge, Assistant Curate, Church Wardens and Children’s Advocate.
The PCC shall review this policy annually.
Priest in Charge ...............The Revd Hannah Reynolds.
Churchwarden..................Mr Andy Strangeways.
Churchwarden..................Mr Mark Stanley.
Dated: 20th September 2018